Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Difference in Floricet and Imitrex???
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Difference in Floricet and Imitrex???

What's the difference in Floricet and Imitrex?  My doctor is not sure if my headache is migraine or tension.  Right now I take Elavil to prevent migraines, and the Floricet for a headache attack.  It did not seem like the Floricet worked good, however even only after taking 1 Elavil my headache didn't start two hours after I was up as usual.  So, I am thinking it is migraine.  Or will the Floricet treat migraine?  If I switch to Imitrex do I still take Elavil to prevent it?  The Floricet just made me feel drunk, with a headache that was still there.  It only helped for about 3 1/2 hours and then came back so severe.  That's why I think migraine not tension.
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
Current Medications
:  
Synthroid .1mg

floricet- as needed for pain ( tension headache ) 1 tablet

elavil-to prevent migraines .25 at bedtime
Drug Allergies
: