Excessive sweating, even in winter
I have looke up side effects for all my meds and the only one that shows excessive sweating is Effexor.  Do all antidepressants have sweating as a side effect?  Any time I am up standing or walking, even in the winter, I sweat buckets.  Even in air conditioned stores.  My hair gets dripping wet.  Any info you could give me would be so helpful.  I do get exercise by riding my bike 5-6 miles daily.  I can't walk due to pain in my back, legs, hips....also weakness.
Thank you!
Excessive sweating is a possible side effect of Effexor (venlafaxine). In clinical studies, about 12% of patients reported sweating as a side effect. Effexor is in a class of drugs called SNRIs. Studies show that another class of antidepressant drugs, SSRIs, cause less sweating than SNRIs. Around 5% of patients on SSRIs reported sweating as a side effect. Some of the most common SSRIs include paroxetine, sertraline, citalopram, and fluoxetine. Consult your physician if you decide to stop taking Effexor.  Effexor should not be stopped abruptly. Severe withdrawal symptoms may occur if this medication is not gradually tapered.
Consult your physician for other possible causes of sweating. Many women experience sweating and hot flashes around menopause.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.