Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Paxil

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Paxil

I have been on Paxil for 3 years now....and I lost my pills and can't get a re-fill until tomorrow....i'm having a hard time getting to bed...almost 330am now...just wondering if I'm in any danger...or should I be fine until tomorrow?
Age
:  
28
Sex
:  
Male
Weight
:  
250lbs
Current Medications
:  
Paxil
Drug Allergies
:  
Buscupan
Paxil will remain in your system throughout the night, but you may notice some symptoms of withdrawal by not getting your usual dose.
One symptom of withdrawal is insomnia. If you a miss a dose, you should take the missed dose as soon as possible, but if it is close to the time that you usually take the medication you should skip the missed dose and restart your usual routine. You should be fine as long as you get the prescription refilled and continue with your normal routine the next day.
Thank you so much Cody for the reply, I do appreciate your time and consideration.

I really had a hard time falling asleep that night....6 am to be exact.

I woke up at 10 am and went straight to the pharmacy to grab my medication. I took it instantly when I received it because I was getting these intense Zap/electrical feelings throughout my brain and body....

It was a very discomforting feeling and I hope to never have to feel that again.