Pharmacies
are each different pharmacy computers linked together...i am wanting to totally switch all my medications to a different one...was wondering if they are linked so they can just send all information over internet to the new one, and the new one will be able to see what medications i am taking now and the ones with refills...Or do i need to get all the information from the pharmacist and take it to the new one...thanks everyone
Different pharmacies are not computer linked together, unless it is the same chain. For instance, all Walgreens stores are linked. If you decide to go to a different chain or independent pharmacy the pharmacist will need to call your previous pharmacy and transfer your prescriptions verbally.