Positive for Soma?
Last week I was informed I had tested "positive" for Soma (Meprobamate); they said they had "confirmed" it with a gas chromatography. This was a forensic panel test.  Is there any possible way my current mediation would show as that? If not, is there any natural substance that you are aware of that could flag as such? I have consulted with my primary physician, he is doubtful and thinks a cross contamination of the test has occurred. Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
The medications you listed are not in the same class as Soma or Meprobamate. Meprobamate is an active metabolite of Soma (carisoprodol) and is also similar to Felbatol (felbamate). Other than that, I'm not sure why you would test positive.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.