Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Smells

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Smells

I experienced horrible smells most times. It is embarrassing as I hear people say what is that smell. Sometimes burning smell , rubbish smells, **** smells.what can I do. Went to docs no cure
Age
:  
66
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
47.6 kg
Current Medications
:  
Rhuematoid , vitorin, pressure medication
Drug Allergies
:  
Nil
Medical Conditions
:  
Rhumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, cholesterol
The first step in combating body odor is to determine the cause (if this is possible), and then to begin taking steps to target the specific cause of the odor. There are a number of first steps that can be taken to reduced body odor, and if the steps do not work, you may consider a full medical examination with your doctor to determine the cause of the odor.

You should be on a schedule to shower at least once daily, as this will be helpful to wash away the bacteria that can accumulate on your skin. It is the bacteria that causes the majority of the odor when we sweat. For this reason, you should try using an anti-bacterial soap when showering.

Make sure to dry thoroughly after showering, and you can apply deodorants, antipersperants, and/or topical powder such as baby powder which can be applied to moist areas. If you find over the counter antipersperants are not working, your doctor may prescribe prescription strength antipersperants.

Be sure to wash your clothing frequently, and be mindful of any household odors that may accumulate on clothing as this may be a potential cause of odor, such as household smoke, or pets to name a few. You may also consider cutting back on odorous foods such as onion or garlic as these can result in odor when you sweat.