Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Week Long Headaches

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Week Long Headaches

Hello~
I have been beside myself since Monday 02/23/09. I have 2 teen daughters ages 13 and 15. I took them into their family doc and at that time was told that they needed to receive some immunizations because they were a little behind. Upon my approval they received the meningitis vac., tetanus, dtp and the gardasil shot. Since Monday evening they have both been complaining of severe migraines, stomach pains, tingling in their feet, and muscle tremors. I have done my research and found that these are all side effects of aluminum poisoning and that this is something that can happen when receiving multiple injections.
I have had to take my one daughter into the ER because it had gotten so bad. I guess my question is how long will the effects of these shots last and if it is aluminum poisoning what needs to be done so that I can make them comfortable again.
Neither of my daughters have a history of any health conditions. I am very concerned and seems that no one will listen to my concerns I am blown off like I am a crazy mom or that these are just simple complex migraines. I think that one week is more than ample time to figure something out. I just want to stop their head aches and make them comfortable again.
Age
:  
34
Sex
:  
Female
The side effects will take time to go away. I don't believe they are suffering from aluminum poisoning because according to the literature the aluminum found in vaccines is very small. The headaches can be treated with Tylenol and the side effects should wear off soon.