Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
did I take too much of my bp med

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

did I take too much of my bp med

Last night I picked up my bp order that a local pharmacy said was ready I didnt even think to loik at the bottle as I still had almost a full bottle of metoporal left.   So I split my refill pills in half and take a half in morning and a half at night because when I take a whole one in morning it just seems to make me kinda sluggish.   Anyway instead of taking one 25 mg metoporal this morning I actually was taking one abd a half.  I should have been taking one metoporal and a half of benicar but it wasnt the benicar that they refilled and I didnt realize it till this morning after I took the pills.   Is it ok or did I jyst take too much.  I took like 35 mg of metoporal and none of the benicar
Age
:  
39
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
198
Current Medications
:  
Metoporal and benicar
Medical Conditions
:  
High bp
You should be fine as you've missed just one dose of your Benicar and took a slightly larger dose of your metoprolol. It is important to return to your normal dosing schedule on the following day to get back on track. If you feel any uncomfortable symptoms, after taking a wrong dose of your medication you should consult your doctor immediately. Otherwise, you should be safe, just be sure to always do a visual check of your medications before taking them in the future.