Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
do I have tolerance
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

do I have tolerance

Im on suboxone at the moment and want to come off as im sick of it.Iv'e come off it b4r and the withdrawals last a long time because of the long halflife of buprenorphine.My whole life has been spent coming of high doses off methadone,booze,,ativan,diazepam,temazepam,and I cant face another long withdrawal from suboxone.A ex girlfriend of mines can give me 3 50microgram an hour fentanyl patches which will last me 9 days and should get me over the suboxone withdrawals.Im scared incase suboxone hasnt given me a high enough tolerance to handle fentanyl(especially 50mcg) and I may die.I know fentanyl isnt given to non opiate tolerant patients and I know its a lethal drug.I also know its possible your answer wont answer my question and no doubt you will try to warn me to do it medically.However,im asking you if you can answer my question : Has suboxone given me a high tolerance.Thanx.
Sex
:  
Male
Weight
:  
17stones
Current Medications
:  
mirtrizapine 30mg , suboxone 8mg
Drug Allergies
:  
antihistamines(cause me restless leg syndrome thats all)
Medical Conditions
:  
anxiety.depression from time to time but not clinical depression as iv'e suffered from that in the past