Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
indigestion
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

indigestion

i keep getting indigestion no matter what or how much i eat, i did go to my doctor and stuff but he said that im ok, it tends to come and go, but when it comes its really bad, i have to stay dosed up on indigestion medicine, and i just wanna know whats wrong with me, a friend told me that i could have acid reflux, but i dont know, and when i get indigestion, i dont like it eat coz i dont feel like eating and stuff, could you plz try and help
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
Current Medications
:  
venlafaxine and ferrus sulphate
Drug Allergies
:  
none
Medical Conditions
:  
depression and iron deficiency anemia
Related Discussions
616411_tn?1221767853
Here are some of the common side effects listed for ferrous sulfate.
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
  • allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
  • blue lips, nails, or palms
  • dark colored stools (this may be due to the iron, but can indicate a more serious condition)
  • drowsiness
  • pain with or difficulty swallowing
  • pale or clammy skin
  • seizures
  • stomach pain
  • unusually weak or tired
  • vomiting
  • weak, fast, or irregular heartbeat

Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor if they continue or are bothersome):
  • constipation
  • indigestion
  • nausea or stomach upset

If you see under the last segment I put in it shows a common side effect of ferrous sulfate is indigestion.
You should contact your prescriber and discuss getting some bloodwork done to find out your iron levels. You may also want to discuss  taking an enteric coated form of iron. For some ideas on choices you can go to www.drugstore.com and type "coated iron" in the search engine. The first choice that comes up is a GNC product that is enteric coated. Best of luck.

Jennifer R RPh www.drugstore.com
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank