Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
is this serious ecoli in my urine

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

is this serious ecoli in my urine
is this serious  i just found out from my doctor's office that i have ecoli in my urine  they gave my ceftin to take to cure this   is this serious  do i need to be in the hospital  what do i need to do
It is not so serious that you need to be hospitalized. E. Coli is a common bacteria that we have living in our intestinal tract at all times. Sometimes urinary tract infections can be caused by E.Coli. The antibiotic that your doctor prescribed should kill the bacteria.