Asthma Community
breathing problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

breathing problem

i am having problem with breathing,its difficult when i inhale,so i have to take a long inhale breath and wheeze too.but some time it doest work.but not everyday but mildly everyday,i dont have chest pain just difficulty in breathing.i used to smoke before and i quite it 4 months before.i have difficulty problem before when i used to smoke.i have been to hospital because of difficulty in breathing,the doctor told its cause of ciggarette.i do chest x ray and it was good.but now after 4 months i feel very difficulty in breathing.please help me
This relaxation technique will help improve your breathing naturally. Do it with concentration.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 10 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
I was born with severe asthma and over many years I have learned that the gasping for air - long inhaling breaths- are in fact not helpful for feeling tight chested asthma. Even though the impulse to inhale as much air as you can is
a natural reflex,in my experience makes the asthma worse.
My suggestion is to learn how to breathe differently and learn how to exhale better. You may want to learn the Buteyko method , it worked for me.
Sleep in a clean bed and eat liight food and when possible exercise.
Good luck.