Baby Products Community
First pregnancy

The Baby Products community is for discussions around various baby products offering suggestions, help and the best places to buy. This includes strollers, car seats, high chairs, toys, bottles, diapers,etc. Please note, links will be allowed in this community to discuss sales, but spamming and affiliate programs will not be tolerated

First pregnancy

I'm almost 6wks and Ive been smoking but I've cut down. Can this effect anything?
Hi when i found out i was pregnant my doctor mentioned that if i was a heavy smoker is worst for me and the baby if i cut cigarreres out cold. He suggested i smoke a lot less and eventually stop if possible because that is the best for us so i would suggest you stop as soon as you can without going all crazy with cravings. Think that if the health of your baby depends on you that should be motivation enough to stop smoking
Any cigarette you smoke posions your child. Cutting down is better then smoking more but giving up is the best for your child.
Quitting is def best... it effects the baby sp much think abt it... when you smoke... baby smokes... :( especially when u are further along and u have a big belly it looks sick to see big preg women smoking so the sooner the better.
Hey Hun I was a smoker before both of my pregnancies! My first I didn't find out until I was 11+5 and as soon as I found out I quit. I have a heAlthy happy 6 year old. This time around I only found out about a week ago at 8 weeks and I quit straight away! It is best for both of you! Especially when you get further along in your pregnancy and you get bigger, you need the extra oxygen from carrying a growing baby. It's not easy to quit but you can do it and its so worth it. I still get a craving for a smoke but then u think if bub and how much more baby means to me than a cigarette! Good luck and you can do it! Xx
It can effect the baby's birth weight as well as cause birth defects and chronic respiratory issues. I too, smoked while pregnant. I cut down by half what I smoked before. I felt so quilty that I wasn't able to stop. My son was 8lb 10oz 21in long and will be 1 this month. He is a big, happy, and HEALTHY baby!! Good Luck!