Aa
A
A
Close
food to avoid during pregnancy
I m 10weeks 4 days pregant. .plz help me with food wich is to b avoided during this time..this is my first pregnancy and m very worried. .my doctor told me not to eat papaya, pineapple,  alcohol,  caffeine and Chinese food... are capsicum healthy or no..??
Cancel
14 Answers
Page 1 of 1
5426152_tn?1382133204
Do you mean sushi? I don't really know why chinese food would be bad. I don't know what capsicum is so maybe another person can help. Other then that I have read soft cheeses are a nono as well as undercooked meats.
Comment
Cancel
5426152_tn?1382133204
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
5538989_tn?1412826714
KDQ responded well. Also limit the amount of tuna and shellfish for mercury. I think your Doc was referring to sushi and raw foods. Congratulations by the way and best wishes for a safe delivery.
Comment
Cancel
5538989_tn?1412826714
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I didn't know we couldn't eat pineapple! Why what is wrong with it? I crave it all the time!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
5581402_tn?1371347102
Hey love. I'm 10w 6d and this is my 3rd baby. With my first I swear I was the google queen! Lol I would google EVERYTHING! Some doctors are strict some are more lenient. It depends. I've heard only one caffeine beverage per day. I've heard none at all. I hear no sushi. I think they are just cracking down on raw meats. My other advice. . .Google it. :) and CONGRATS!!
Comment
Cancel
5581402_tn?1371347102
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I wouldn't consider alcohol a food group :)..... I ate everything and four healthy babies pregnant with fifth
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Can we really not eat pineapple on totally craving cottage cheese with pineapple
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I sure do hope pineapple is okay cuz I ate a lot of it when I was out of town
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Pineapple is fine. There's supposed to be a chemical in the core that can help start labor. But really... who eats the core? I've been eating it my whole pregnancy. I'm 31+5 and baby is great. My doc said it was fine.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
All I heard about was the soft cheese and fish. Not heard anything about pineapple or Chinese. I've ate loads of Chinese so hope you can!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The only reason you cant eat soft cheese is a very low risk of something nobody has ever heard of because no body ever gets it. My midwife swears by yogurt during pregancy. I think the key is to know where its coming from... just make sure its high quality and fresh.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
5675065_tn?1372156111
I am sharing foods which you have to focus during pre-conception, pregnancy and breastfeeding. Protein, fats, vegetables and fruits, water, caffeine, vegetable oils and fats and grains and sugars.
Comment
Cancel
5675065_tn?1372156111
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I eat the core of pineapple! I didn't know it was bad for you :( I haven't eaten a lot but I have had some, I'm 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and I've been eating Chinese like crazy, this is my first pregnancy so I'm pretty scared.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Papaya waooo is a great fruit and help you a lot with your digestion special if you have nausea I'm 7 week now and I had a miscarriage in January
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Papaya waooo is a great fruit and help you a lot with your digestion special if you have nausea I'm 7 week now and I had a miscarriage in January
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
food to avoid during pregnancy
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Baby Products Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703