Bipolar Disorder Community
Abilify morning or night?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Abilify morning or night?

I was wondering when most people take this med? They told me to take at night and the first two days it made me kinda sick and sleepy, but the past 3 nights I have had insomnia.

Thanks.
I believe Abilify is similar to Lamictal, which I take along with Lexapro.  At first I felt better except for extreme upset stomach which went away after a week or two.  I also had extreme insomnia which lasted about 4 weeks -- I was tossing and turning all night, got about 2 or 3 hrs of sleep if I was lucky, so bad I was actually afraid to go to bed at night.  My psych doc told me to hang in there, as my body adjusted it would get better.

I doubted that, as I usually respond to new medication very quickly, but he was right!  After the first month I am now sleeping through the night, 7 or 8 hrs, and wake up refreshed and rested.  The upset stomach is gone as well.

Good luck to you!
I take Abilify at night since it tends to make me sleepy but after you've been on it awhile that goes away and you may be able to take it in the morning. I am having a hard time sleeping too and was wondering if it was from the Abilify. Ask you doc before you change when you take the med. there may be a reason for taking it when they have you taking it.
I take my ablilify at noon.... when i took it in the am i got sick and when i took it at night i couldnt sleep.  noon seems to be the best time for me.