Bipolar Disorder Community
Is this normal?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Is this normal?

Is it normal to have a day or two of euphoria (racing thoughts that pound through my brain, happiness, unable to focus, and irritability) three days. Before my period, or is it something that I should get checked out? I also go through mild depression (thoughts of sled injury, occasional acting on these thoughts, sadness, thoughts if death) for a about a week before this.  
I'd talk to your psychiatrist. It could be hormones as I know that gets me sometimes. You may also have a rapid cycling form of bipolar. Definently something to get checked out.
lindahand speaks some good advice.  Good idea to ask your doctor about things like this that don't seem right.
ok thanks! and sled injury should be self injury
OK that makes more sense.  Acting out on thoughts of sled injury sounded kinda weird. lol