Bipolar Disorder Community
Moods

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Moods

I don't know If this would have anything related, but ive been kind of jumpy lately, just getting really upset, then all of the sudden I am okay and walk away. Then one day my brother was freaked out because I just randomly started laughing really hard at something that wasn't supposed to be laughed at. And I don't know why but I couldn't stop. Could you gain bipolar disorder?
How old are you?  Bipolar disorder often emerges in the late teens or early twenties, but you sound a bit younger.  Weird moods are a normal part of being a teenager, and it's best not to self diagnose.  Bipolar also tends to cause MUCH longer swings in mood, although ultradian forms do exist (they're rare).  If you're worried, talk to a mental health professional about it.  No online test is going to give you a yes/no answer, and a lot of them are BS anyway.  And nobody can diagnose you over the internet, especially people who aren't health professionals.
I am 15. They aren't too short. Usually they last to about 20 minutes before I can feel it go away. And yes, I might go chat with someone, but I was just asking if it could be.
Yeah, 15 is a bit young to get certain diagnoses, since you're still developing.  20 minutes is an extremely short episode, if you're even having episodes.  Bipolar I requires at least one bout of mania, which has to last a week or be severe enough to require hospitalization.  Bipolar II requires at least one bout of hypomania (minimum time 4 days) and at least one bout of major depression (minimum of 2 weeks).  Having more than 4 cycles per year counts as rapid cycling--some people can go for years in depression or mania/hypomania, although there is a full spectrum.  

Remember that we can't diagnose you via the internet, and a mental health professional is the one to do any diagnosing.  So I'm not saying that you absolutely don't have it, but I do have my doubts.
oh ok. I also just got out of depression a year ago. and still recovering from annerexia
BIPOLAR at least with me ... was something that was obvious.i only wanted to make a quick coment here aout the age thig. with me i alays was "different" ,didnt fit in,or felt like i didnt...EVEN THOUGH I COULD GET ALONG with everyone{i would just mimic what i knw they wated me to do,get the response i knew they would give,then continue} ...see their goes the ramblioing...i apologize...

with AGE.. with me and i am full blown diagnosed bipolar.worked 15 years straight,great job and all...thought i had it all handled but by 30-31 it was becoming to much. anyway before i go one and one... i would say it started to really rear its ugliness around 22.