getting off Geodon
Since I was diagnosed 2 years ago my psyciatrist has tried a variety of medications and I finally ended up using Geodon in conjunction with Temazapam and Lorazapam.  My concern with the Geodon is that I have no feelings at all...I went from ultimate highs and lows to constant nothing. I am going to stop the Geodon and see how I am affected.  Has anyone ever done this before? Any concerns?
I stopped Geodon 1 1/2 weeks ago and have had no problems. I was on 80 mg. The geodon also stopped my menstrual cycle and I'm still waiting for that to come back. It caused me to be very sluggish and mindless. I hated it. It worked in the beginning but then got worse. Good luck.
I started out with 40 mg twice a day but that made me too tired, so somehow I weaned myself down to 20 mg twice a day.  I have now decided to get off this drug.  I've been taking the 20s for about 2 years.  I've been pulling the capsules apart and dumping about half the ingredients out.  I plan to do this for about two weeks.  Then I'll dump even more of the medicine out and continue another week or two.  Hopefully this will be enough to avoid a majority of the withdrawal symptoms.  I'm hoping this will be sufficient to finally stop this drug what do others think?