Bipolar Disorder Community
im bipolar should i have a baby?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

im bipolar should i have a baby?

hi i have bipolar disorder. i am married coming up four years now and we are thinking about having a baby. the only thing is i am pretty  messed up. im stuck in a depressive episode, i beacme sick about about 7 months ago and lost heaps of hair had to get it cut into a bob. its only grown 4 cm. i heard having a baby makes your hair grow faster. i thought if i had a baby it would give me something to live for and make my hair grow back. anyone had a baby with bipolar? did your hair grow fast? i know this sounds messed up but im depserate
IM bipolar and have a three year old and I am pregnant with the second but I would recommend you talk to your Dr first to see is a safe or a good time to try
Not sure how hair and bipolar are related, but you should be aware that your bipolar condition is going to get worser when you're pregnant. You're going to have to completely get off your medication (if you're on any) so that the baby doesn't suffer and birth defects.
Having mental illness doesnt mean you shouldnt have a baby. However, you need to be in a stable place before you  get pregnant. I would say that in 2-3 years if you are in a stable place in your recovery then you can think about a pregnancy. However, no one should have a baby if they are not mentally and financially stable and able to provide for another life.
"Worser"

I LOLed. Anyway, if one of your main points of reason to have a baby is to grow your hair back. You should not be having a baby. My reasoning for wanting a child is I have very much love in my heart to spare. I want to give a life everything i've never had, and create joy for the human being i've created. If only, and I really must think on this, because the world today is more obsessed with pop culture than whats actually going on with the rest of the world, or others. So my I guess I would call distain for the human condition as it stands makes me have doubts about bringing another life into the world..

See. What I mean to say is the decision to have a baby first comes with a lot of thought. Currently, from your statement, I feel as if you are not yet mature enough to have a baby. You will have to go off of your mood stabilizers and have to deal with that. For me, I have already assesed my risk, and figured I have enough presence of mind to go 9 months unmedicated. That is something you must contemplate. Also the risk for developing post pardom depression goes up, which leaves not only your self, but your baby at risk.

I suggest you wait, and make a more thoughtful decision on having a child. Understand the risks and sort of play them out in your head, talk with your therapist, too. Also, if you really want to grow your hair back. Take prenatal vitamins. Or biotin. They sell them at Target. Or Wallgreens.
So I guess my distain* My keyboard is messed up, it keeps jumping.

Also, i must say that I do not want to have a baby until I am finacially stable, and my relationship is stable. Which could be years from now.