Brain Tumors Expert Forum
body jerking while trying to fall asleep

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to brain tumors, such as: Causes, Chemotherapy, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments-Other.

Male 32 years old.. hypertension. Taking Metoprolol, Lisinipril and Zoloft (anxiety and panic)

About 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor because I was getting bouts of dizziness, he took blood which said all came back okay, but now I am noticing over the last efw nights that when I am trying to go to sleep, I will have a muscle in my leg spasm, or my arm move a bit. I also go out to my car in the afternoon to try and take a nap during lunch and it happens there to. It is not a whole body jerk, but it either my arm, or my leg or shoulder. I suffer from panic and anxiety so this has consumed me for the last couple of days.
Is this forum still active?
The Yog Pranayam will  help you relax and also help with the anxiety. You will notice benefits in weeks.Let me know when you start to notice the benefit of pranayam.
Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(into chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Age over 15 years -Repeat this cycle for 10 to 20  minutes twice a day.
Age under 15 years -Repeat this cycle for 5 to 10  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 11  times

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.
March 18, 2011
I apprecite your response, but that really was not the information I was looking for, which may be my fault.

My dizziness sometimes happens when I stand.. It lasts just for a second or two, but again it is concerning. The body spasms have stopped, but the dizziness is still concerning especially when I stand up from sitting at my desk.  Does this sound like something serious? Could this be a brain tumor?
The anulom vilom will send extra oxygen to the brain and your dizziness will reduce gradually.
Do the pranayam and you will get your health back, and the need for medication will reduce gradually. Very natural and no side efects, only side benefits. So give it a try for at least 4 months, and then continue for life, once a day.