Breastfeeding (and Pumping)
I'm a ftm and currently pregnant at 30+4 but had a thought cross my mind about BFing and pumping.
So, when my baby boy Is born, I'm planning on breastfeeding him until I have to go back to work and then pump since my mother agreed to watch him while I work. Then, when I'm off work, go back to breastfeeding him again. My question Is, when should I Introduce him to a bottle? I'm scared I will go so long with breastfeeding him that he won't take a bottle when the time comes to go back to work as It's not the "same feel" as a nipple. Also, what are the best bottles to get for breastfed babies?
I'm in an identical situation. My baby is 5 weeks old and I introduced the bottle to her a week ago and she did great.  I only do it once a day before I have to go to work. I use similac brand bottles..and I got my pump free thru my insurance company, so if u don't have one br sure to check with ur insurance about coverage.
I recommend introducing a bottle around 3-4 weeks old. At this age they should be well established at breast feeding so the bottle wont interfer but not so used to it that they are unwilling to take a bottle. I also recommend using a slow flow nipple.
Thank you!!!! I appreciate the Input and will defiantly take It Into consideration  and will use It when the time comes. =-]
@ Mink I'm currently on WIC and I believe I get a free one as well from them but not until a few weeks before he Is due. I'm assuming It's like that since I will have a good amount of colostrum by then (even though I've been leaking It now) and they can properly show me how to pump.