Breastfeeding Community
Breastfeeding (and Pumping)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breastfeeding (and Pumping)

I'm a ftm and currently pregnant at 30+4 but had a thought cross my mind about BFing and pumping.
So, when my baby boy Is born, I'm planning on breastfeeding him until I have to go back to work and then pump since my mother agreed to watch him while I work. Then, when I'm off work, go back to breastfeeding him again. My question Is, when should I Introduce him to a bottle? I'm scared I will go so long with breastfeeding him that he won't take a bottle when the time comes to go back to work as It's not the "same feel" as a nipple. Also, what are the best bottles to get for breastfed babies?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm in an identical situation. My baby is 5 weeks old and I introduced the bottle to her a week ago and she did great.  I only do it once a day before I have to go to work. I use similac brand bottles..and I got my pump free thru my insurance company, so if u don't have one br sure to check with ur insurance about coverage.
Blank
4484425_tn?1384231934
I recommend introducing a bottle around 3-4 weeks old. At this age they should be well established at breast feeding so the bottle wont interfer but not so used to it that they are unwilling to take a bottle. I also recommend using a slow flow nipple.
Blank
4191640_tn?1361178327
Thank you!!!! I appreciate the Input and will defiantly take It Into consideration  and will use It when the time comes. =-]
@ Mink I'm currently on WIC and I believe I get a free one as well from them but not until a few weeks before he Is due. I'm assuming It's like that since I will have a good amount of colostrum by then (even though I've been leaking It now) and they can properly show me how to pump.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...