Breastfeeding Community
Co sleeping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Co sleeping

Are any other Mama's out there co sleeping to help with ease of night time feedings?
Yes maam! Co-sleeping is so special... but also makes "things that go bump in the night" complicated ;)
My DH and I have to sneak away into another bedroom and use the floor. At first it was exciting, now it's just extra work... but I wounldn't trade it for the world.

It does make things slightly harder ;). I joke Ellie is trying to keep us from giving her a brother or sister. But I to love co sleeping, so special, love the snuggles!!
I co-slept with my boys and now my baby girl too.  Hubby works graveyard shift so its not like he's home to complain! Lol
:D
Yes, yes!  Still am.  She's 2 3/4 now. Love it.  We both sleep better.  Hubby sleeps on a separate mattress in the same room (I can't sleep with him and get good sleep).
Awh I love Co sleeping wouldn't have it any other way ♡
I'm still co-sleeping, even though I stopped BFing 4 months ago. Or maybe 5 now, I don't know. I'm going to be super sad when she starts to sleep alone.
I am co-sleeping and never thought I would. Hubby dislikes it cause she is a kicker and a blankey hog. I have been trying my best to get her to sleep in her own bed and for longer periods of time- but it just isnt happening. I am so exhausted most nights I cant even get out of bed to put her back in hers.

I long for a good night sleep. If its not my DD wanting boobie, its my hubby snoring and making me crazy!

I know this was about co-sleeping, but any thoughts as to getting my DD to sleep more than 3 hours at a time at night? Can you truly cut out her naps or is that hard on a baby?
I had my cut my daughters nap. If I let her she would sleep 3-5 hours at a time and then stay up till 3 in the morning. My husband wakes up at 7 every morning so this wasn't a good thing. So now we let her sleep a max of 2 hours at a time and she cut out her morning nap by herself. Now she's usually asleep at 10-12 and sleeps till 10 the next morning.

Some babies though never really sleep through the night no matter what you do. Definitely give it a try though.
If you can find a way to go more than 3 hours between feedings please dear god let me know!!  They need to nap during the day or bedtime will be difficult bc they are too over tired (according to a sleep specialist I asked).

In an ideal world I would like to put Ellie in her crib the first part of the night and when she wakes for her first feeding after bedtime I would cosleep. This way after I put her down I could have alone time w hubby or take a hot bath, watch a tv show. Ya know, grown up stuff... But so far that has not worked. I love co sleeping and my husband has grown to love it too but sometimes we want us time too. ;). I am planning on having her sleep in her own crib by the age of 1 year, my husband is not comfortable with it past that and I promised I would only co sleep as long as he was comfortable with it.
I did the co sleeping for a long time with my first 2, but now because of a newborn and my bad experience with putting my other 2 in bed with me as a baby I dont do the co sleeping, my new baby always sleeps in her bed and my other two are older now, one is 10yrs old she has her own room and the other one is 6 she still likes our room so i place her on a mattress on the floor in our room with the new baby in a bassniet next to my bed :) but the 6 yr old still likes to sleep between us I lust feel to cowarded thou when she is in bed with us, but i know it was conformt to me too for a long time to have the kids in my bed with us
my son is 3 months old I've slept with him on my chest or right next to me since we were in the hospital at 2 weeks he started sleeping 8 hours at night and is still going strong. Thank goodness cause with the other 2 needing my energy during the day I need my sleep!!!!
I co-sleep and wouldnt have it anyother way, its great for bonding and easy  hassel free night feeding, still have night time visits from our 3 and 4 yr old as well so the bed does get a wee bit cramped at times lol :)
My babies had their own cribs in our bedroom. But when they woke to feed I put them in bed with me and we usually fell asleep. The more they slept between feedings, the less they were in bed with us. But I kept the crib in our room until they were about six months. They I put them in a room with one of the older kids. But I never had hard and fast rules about anything.
yep we have coslept since day 1 and still are at 9 months old :)
caralea - sunworshiper is on to something here. I started cosleeping because I missed my baby in my sleep and couldn't stand to be without her. Then it turned into a neccesity because of bf'ing. Then my back started to hurt due to the contorsion of snuggling all night!

I started nursing her to sleep, put her in the crib next to me, and she sleeps from 8 until midnight or 3am. It took a few nights to get this schedule, but it works for us now. Keep at it and it will eventually work. From 3am until 7 wek cosleep still. I notice she wakes up more to eat when she's sleeping with me....just a thought.
Thnx Amanda I'm thinking after we are back from traveling this month we will bring her crib into our room and try and transition :)
I finally got my baby girl to sleep any where from 8-11hrs at night time!! It took dedication and work. My hubby feeds her 4oz, then I nurse her and she goes to her bed in the other room. She made it almost a week strait without any over night feeds. I however feel miserable from the swelling, cause I sleep through it, but the sleep is WONDERFUL.

I have grow to be okay with more formula, but she still has about 50-50 mommy milk vs formula. Nursing at night before bed, in the morning (all morning that I am home) and before nap/when I go to work.. so about 4-5x. =) Getting her to go in her own room is a real blessing, now if I could get her 4.5yr old sister to leave her the hell a lone at night we'd all be set.
I never co slept with my son. I toss ans turn alot as does my husband and I just didnt want to take that risk. I kept him in a pack n play in our room til he was about 2 months though since that is where the rocker was for night time feeding. He didn't like nursing laying down with me and I guess I was doing something wrong since it really hurt my back. He comes and gets in bed with me now some mornings and we snuggle for a little while and maybe doze back to sleep but unless a really bad storm is blowing through he sleeps in his own bed in his room. He loves lightning but hates thunder so he hides underthe covers in our bed :)
I co-slept full time in the early months but then I started to put my son in his own crib in the beginning of the night and then brought him to bed with me once he woke up.  He goes to be at 9 and started coming to bed with me around 12:30am - then just one night around 7 months old he slept until 6 or 7 am (then he would nurse and sleep with me until 8 or 8:30).  This continued until recently (12 months) when he started cutting his molars and now he nurses and comes to bed at 2 on the dot. But tongiht it is past 2 am and he is still snug as a bug in his crib - so hopefully that has passed.

This arrangement has been a dream for me - the best of both worlds.  Some time for me to unwind and get some stuff done and time to enjoy co-sleeping.