Aa
A
A
Close
pumping at 36 weeks
Is it safe to start pumping at 36 weeks pregnant if you are already leaking?
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
127529 tn?1331844380
No, it is not recommended as it can bring on strong contractions.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
757137 tn?1347200053
Why would you start pumping before the baby is born? Although I am an American, I had all four babies abroad and I never heard of such a practice. Certainly nature never intended it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
231441 tn?1333896366
Do not do anything to your breasts at this point.  Do not pump.   Just use breast pads as necessary if you are leaking...

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Even if you do, which i wouldn't recommend it, you won't get anything other than the clear liquid.  Your body will not begin producing milk intil the baby is born.  After birth is when your body produces the hormones to begin making the breastmilk.  Until then it's just practicing.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1548028 tn?1324616046
This can stimulate labor so please do not pump.  Until you are 38 weeks your baby could be born and need the intensive care unit for a little added help and that's no fun.  Your body is getting ready and is smart and knows what to do.  Breast pads for now.  Goodluck and congrats early!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
179530 tn?1368940203
Agreed. Do not pump. Absolutely no breast stimulation or preparation is recommended during pregnancy. Your body is already doing everything it needs to do.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
179530 tn?1368940203
I do however think you are a fantastic mom for doing your research and planning to breastfeed. You sound great! :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources