pumping at 36 weeks
Is it safe to start pumping at 36 weeks pregnant if you are already leaking?
No, it is not recommended as it can bring on strong contractions.
Why would you start pumping before the baby is born? Although I am an American, I had all four babies abroad and I never heard of such a practice. Certainly nature never intended it.
Do not do anything to your breasts at this point.  Do not pump.   Just use breast pads as necessary if you are leaking...

Even if you do, which i wouldn't recommend it, you won't get anything other than the clear liquid.  Your body will not begin producing milk intil the baby is born.  After birth is when your body produces the hormones to begin making the breastmilk.  Until then it's just practicing.
This can stimulate labor so please do not pump.  Until you are 38 weeks your baby could be born and need the intensive care unit for a little added help and that's no fun.  Your body is getting ready and is smart and knows what to do.  Breast pads for now.  Goodluck and congrats early!
Agreed. Do not pump. Absolutely no breast stimulation or preparation is recommended during pregnancy. Your body is already doing everything it needs to do.
I do however think you are a fantastic mom for doing your research and planning to breastfeed. You sound great! :)