Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Assistance Please

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Assistance Please

I am 18 years old, and. I've had a recurring pain in my right wrist when I bend it. It's severe to the point that I try so hard not to bend it until the pain goes away. I sometimes wrap it tight with an ace bandage until it subsides.
Having said that, yes, it actually does go away sometimes. But then it comes back.
I've been playing violin for 6 years. Does this facctor in to my pain?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Repetitively using the wrist can cause pain. The pain could also be due to flexor tendinitis, which is inflammation of the tendons on the palmar aspect of the hand. This can happen with infections and inflammations. The other causes are rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Arthritis or bursitis can produce pain in the joints. Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. Bursa are sac like structures above and below the joints which helps in the movement of the tendons around the joints. These can get inflamed causing bursitis. I would advise you to consult your primary care physician for evaluation of pain. In the meantime avoid using the wrist excessively as this could aggravate the pain and take OTC Naproxen for pain relief.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.