Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
Can you help?

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a progressive condition that occurs when the nerve, that runs from the forearm to the hand becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist causing pain in the hand and wrist. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments for carpal tunnel.

Can you help?

Saw doctor who said that I could have a nerve problem as elbow is swollen on inside of left arm. Also could have Carpal tunnel as when she tapped my wrist still get tingling in last 2 fingers.Or I think Cubital. Had mentioned the ulnar nerve. It's where if you had your arm and hand flat out (on sofa) move hand as normal but pain coming from the wrist on that whole area more so in my left.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Like I said both the nerves the ulnar and the median nerves could be affected due to repetitive impact injury. Nerve conduction Studies will help to detect lesions in the nerves. Therapy is with anti inflammatory medications.

The carpal tunnel (at your wrist through which the median nerve passes) changes its size depending on the position of the wrist. It’s widest when wrist and hand are straight in line. When the hand is bent up or down, the tunnel becomes slightly smaller. This then presses on the nerve which then causes a pain right up to the arm. Often proper working style, working without bending wrist, using smooth movements to operate the mouse and key pad, and relaxing the joints of finger, wrist and arm in between helps. A wrist support or arm support too helps and you have computer chairs with support for your spine and arm

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.