PICC--Nerve damage
I had a PC line in Jume 2013 & i'm sure it damaged my nerve that makes my hand work. ?? If the damage was done at the PIC line insertion area...then surgery on the wrist would NOT help that problem. So, a diagnosis os carpel tunnel isn't the correct diagnosis.
Hi, the line would be from the elbow. Here the major nerves are situated posterior (back), so it is unlikely that the IV line has damaged the nerves. The nerve innervating (supplying) the thumb, the index finger and the middle fingers is the median nerve. This can get compressed in the wrist, leading to numbness of these areas leading to a condition called Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. The nerve can get compressed due to obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, hypothyroidism, arthritis and trauma. So, based on specific findings a diagnosis of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome is made. This can be further confirmed by nerve conduction studies. Regards.