Cats Community
HELP cat brain damage?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

HELP cat brain damage?

Me and my boyfriend picked up a 2,5 month old kitten, male, from the street and decided to keep it. Today I went to feed my dog but didn't notice that the kitten was around...the kitten went close to the dog's plate while I wasn't looking and I heard the dog growling, turned around and I see the cat spinning on the ground. Terrified I picked him up and let him lay on a surface, he wasn't moving at all just panting really heavily and meowing really loud. I phoned all damn vets in the city and could't find anyone, after some hours of waiting for them to open I went to one vet that I have known and is specialized in cats and dogs...

She said that the cat must have suffered neurological damage (he didnt have any bite anywhere), she said that he might have a swelling in the brain. She gave him a cortisone shot and gave me cortisone pills for him...she said that it's gonna be hard but we'll fight for it.

Nevertheless I feel REALLY scared and guilty, but what is done is done and I have to care for him the best way I can...Right now he's not well at all, hasn't improved since the evening. He can't walk straight, loses his balance and rams his head sometimes, he meows REALLY loud and sharp, as if he's in pain, his eyes don't respond when I move my hand in front of him, he refuses to eat or drink, I can't even feed him with a syringe...The only way he calms down is when I have him in my arms or on my lap and then he sleeps breathing very fast. After half an hour or so he jumps up or kicks as if he's been jolted, meows and breathes heavily through the mouth...and that repeats and repeats.

Please, I can really use some advice right now...it's 5am and I still haven't slept one bit cause I've been taking care of him. All I want is for him to get better...please tell me what to do...thank you for reading.
Tags: brain, cats, damage
If you can I would get this kitty back into a Vet clinic asap......but honey I must tell you it doesn't sound good, to me it sounds like he is going to soon pass away. Theres probably nothing a Vet can do for him at this point I'm afraid, but it would ease your mind to know you tried everything you could for this poor little fella......I'm so sorry ((((♥))))