Cats Community
Update

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Update

I posted an update on the substance abuse forum I wanted you guys to know. I don't want to post something not kitty related on here as I see its been busy!! I never could get Milo to take his antibiotic liquid so the vet gave my some Baytril pills and I can barely get them down him! So I guess I will have to take him back and see if he still has an infection and see if there is an antibiotic that can be given as an injection. I have never seen a cat get so upset getting medication and I have tried all the tricks Ive read online-He wont have it!!! He also holds grudges and will hide and not come to me for hours afterward and he is really leary of me these days. I think I need to have a Milo & Mommy day where it is just him and I. He is not adjusting well at all to the new puppy either and spends his days under the bed. The puppy is about to be shipped off to puppy school-he is horrible!! Terrible. All the other boys including Beener tolerate him but my poor Milo does not. The puppy instead of backing away from the cats has started standing up to them and has a new " Im the boss" around here attitude!! LOL. Never a dull moment....

(((((((hugs)))))) I love you all very much!!
I am so very happy to see your name come up here this morning..., you've sure been missed bkitty. We miss all the antics of the household too..
Im sorry Milo is so difficult to pill....perhaps its the drug itself if its really terrible tasting than he's learned all the tricks in the book to avoid it..
There IS a long acting antibiotic injection available called convenia, however I will tell you there sure has been tons of documentation abt this drug..since its long acting it stays in the system for a full 60 days...and some cats have a bad reaction to it..some even death. I will send you an article so you can decide if you want to risk using it.

http://www.catinfo.org/?link=convenia  

there is also another route you can go rather than pill or injection. You can get your Vet to get the antib made up at a compound pharmacy so its in a liquid (gel) that can be applied to the tip of the ear and get absorbed that way....I've had to resort to this type with some medications before too.

sounds like you really have your hands full with that new pup....puppy school sounds like a good plan:)

best of luck with the gang....p.s. we LOVE you here too and sending many ((hugs)) your way♥