urine marking
We adopted our cat Marcel about two years ago and he is probably four or five years old.  A year and a half ago, we got another cat.  For the past three or four months, Marcel has been urine marking on one kitchen cabinet.  We took him to the vet; no health problems.  There are no problems with our other cat.  We live in an apartment and there are no other cats on our floor.  Both of our cats are indoor cats.  We've tried new litter boxes, additional litter boxes, enzyme cleaners, pheromone sprays--nothing works.  If we try to make the area less appealing (we've tried tin foil and lemon-scented air fresheners), or put a litter box there, he just moves to another cabinet and pees there.  Short of spending over $300 on a pet behaviorist, does anyone have any advice?
I'm sure he's neutered, but if not then that's an obvious answer.  A tom cat who isn'tfixed tends to mark territory, especially when he feels like his place in the pecking order is threatened.

Regardless of neutering, try to notice if Marcel is able to use a litter box comfortably.  It's possible that the newer cat has laid territorial claim to one or more litter boxes and doesn't like Marcel to use it.  If Marcel feels emotionally and/or physically threatened when using a litter box then that could be causing the difficulty.  See if the other cat hovers over Marcel when he's using the litter or if he chases him away from it - that kind of thing.  The signs might be more subtle than that, however, so just try to observe the atmosphere and behavior of both cats as best you can - look for any changes in Marcel's attitude toward the litter box compared to before the spraying problem.  If so, it isn't really easy to fix the problem but it can be done.  If you think this is going on, try to create a place for a litter box that only Marcel can use, if it's possible at all.  

Otherwise, the Community Leader of this forum, Savas, has written a very useful faq on this kind of issue.  If you go to the right hand side of the page at the very bottom (under the pet slideshow) there is a box containing "most viewed health pages" - it's there.  Just click "cat litter box issues: environmental".

I know it's frustrating, I've been through it!  Let me give it some thought and let us know how it's going.