Cervical Cancer Community
Cervical Cancer Checkups??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cervical Cancer Checkups??

Please can someone help me with this. 2 years ago, I had to have hysterectomy 2 years ago for early onset cervical cancer. I had everything removed, bar one ovary. I can remember my consultant telling me I would receive checkups at 6 months and on etc etc, but bar my 6 week post operative checkup, I haven't seen or heard from him since??
What did anyone else do after an hysterectomy for Pre/early onset cervical cancer.
Thanks in advance.....please help!
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
You should follow up with your doctor and get a check up done to rule out any metastasis of the cervical malignancy to adjoining areas. Since the hysterectomy has been done 2 years back, you should get a check up done as soon as possible. Although less likely a metastasis because you are not showing any symptoms, yet it is better to get a check up done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cervical Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...