Cervical Cancer Community
Pregnancy after leep?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Cervical Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy after leep?

I had leep done dec 2010 and me and my husbamd have been ttc. I have some concerns with this.
Has anyone ever gotten pregnant after leep and carried full term with no issues?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1809109_tn?1331807377
My sister had both a cone and leep procedure done to remove cancerous cells before having to get a full hysterectomy. Before she got the hysterectomy she gave birth to my nephew. In her 6th month she had to be on leave from work because my nephew was sitting too low and it caused her to spot if she did too much labor. In her 8th month she got preclampsea due to excess weight (she gained almost 60 lbs during the pregnancy). However, even with these problems, neither of which caused by her cone and leep procedures, my nephew was borne healthy and is a healthy and thriving 2 year old.

When you finally succeed and get pregnant, remember to take it slow and find a good ob/gyn though because having the leep may make you a high risk pregnancy. Good luck!
Blank
Yes! As far as I know it's not typical to suffer conception/gestational problems after the LEEP procedure. I had it done 6yrs ago and have a healthy  2yr old (wasn't trying to get preg back then). I had a straightforward pregnancy. My friend had a cone biopsy and fell pregnant a few months later. She carried her daughter to term just fine although had to be monitored throughout and had a cervical stitch to support her cervex. It's all good and hopefully u'll find yourself pregnant very soon! Good luck!x
Blank
Thanks ladiess!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cervical Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979