Chiari Malformation Community
Coughing makes my head hurt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Coughing makes my head hurt

every time i cough and my heaad hurts i remember what one of those wonderful Ns's had said
she said " Nothing is bad until when you cough your head hurts" And she said that along with the whole pushing issue (for BM) anyway she totally dismissed me --and sent me on my way-- but then i get a little grumpy remembering what she said to me Sometimes I just wish i could get away with that wake up bonehead slap! LOL

anyway it hurts when i cough, prob related to the shunt but it also hurts down into the neck....just weird and i felt like complaining to someone and knew you all would understand LOL
~Lisa
Let it out, i have just had a good old rant about how ive been feeling too. so Go for it!!
Coughing, sneezing,bending, laughing, singing all make my head hurt more too and can set off a big headacke from the back occipital region going along the sides and into my eyes. Then also the lough whooshing in my ears and dizzyness that goes along with it.  

I am having fun moaning today, its after midnight and im up by myself ranting and moaning and letting it all out is fun!!!!!!  
Hi Lisa,

Yeah...the cough  HA is not a good one...and Like GL says the laugh one is just as bad...u lol...ouch...lol...ouch...no fun...I would yell at my DD, I said stop making me laugh...it hurts.

I did not get a HA singing tho...but I did lose my voice when I tried singing....
Always had the strain HA with elimination...thought that was normal.....I am sorry as this seems to indicate ur symptoms r progressing.

Do keep in touch with ur drs office

"selma"
ya know sometimes its just nice to complain...to someone (or many people) who actually understand...thanks for allowing me to do so,

i am wondering with all these things if its coming back (cuz we all know decompression isnt a CURE) or if its this darn shunt thats causing the problems!! ERGH...Iam just so sick and tired of telling docs what is wrong and they look at me like i just feel off the turnip truck! ya know--its so depressing-- i need to find me a new NL one who maybe has a veage idea on a shunt at least--so i dont feel like iam throwing pitches in the dark and not hitting a single thing!!!!!!!!!!!! (meaning telling doc whats wrong and it not sinking in)

someday i guess i will figure this out!

thanks for listening (reading)
Hi Lisa...this is my pet peeve right now...the after care from chiari surgery is non existent...we all need a NL that understands all aspects of chiari, syringomyelia, IIH, POT, EDS, TC...all of them.

Keep pitching even if it is in the dark, sooner or later u will hit something : P

"selma"
MG18 uploaded new photos
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22