Chiari Malformation Community
Coughing makes my head hurt
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coughing makes my head hurt

every time i cough and my heaad hurts i remember what one of those wonderful Ns's had said
she said " Nothing is bad until when you cough your head hurts" And she said that along with the whole pushing issue (for BM) anyway she totally dismissed me --and sent me on my way-- but then i get a little grumpy remembering what she said to me Sometimes I just wish i could get away with that wake up bonehead slap! LOL

anyway it hurts when i cough, prob related to the shunt but it also hurts down into the neck....just weird and i felt like complaining to someone and knew you all would understand LOL
~Lisa
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1375086_tn?1278707565
Let it out, i have just had a good old rant about how ive been feeling too. so Go for it!!
Coughing, sneezing,bending, laughing, singing all make my head hurt more too and can set off a big headacke from the back occipital region going along the sides and into my eyes. Then also the lough whooshing in my ears and dizzyness that goes along with it.  

I am having fun moaning today, its after midnight and im up by myself ranting and moaning and letting it all out is fun!!!!!!  
Blank
620923_tn?1405964489
Hi Lisa,

Yeah...the cough  HA is not a good one...and Like GL says the laugh one is just as bad...u lol...ouch...lol...ouch...no fun...I would yell at my DD, I said stop making me laugh...it hurts.

I did not get a HA singing tho...but I did lose my voice when I tried singing....
Always had the strain HA with elimination...thought that was normal.....I am sorry as this seems to indicate ur symptoms r progressing.

Do keep in touch with ur drs office

"selma"
Blank
980510_tn?1282014546
ya know sometimes its just nice to complain...to someone (or many people) who actually understand...thanks for allowing me to do so,

i am wondering with all these things if its coming back (cuz we all know decompression isnt a CURE) or if its this darn shunt thats causing the problems!! ERGH...Iam just so sick and tired of telling docs what is wrong and they look at me like i just feel off the turnip truck! ya know--its so depressing-- i need to find me a new NL one who maybe has a veage idea on a shunt at least--so i dont feel like iam throwing pitches in the dark and not hitting a single thing!!!!!!!!!!!! (meaning telling doc whats wrong and it not sinking in)

someday i guess i will figure this out!

thanks for listening (reading)
Blank
620923_tn?1405964489
Hi Lisa...this is my pet peeve right now...the after care from chiari surgery is non existent...we all need a NL that understands all aspects of chiari, syringomyelia, IIH, POT, EDS, TC...all of them.

Keep pitching even if it is in the dark, sooner or later u will hit something : P

"selma"
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
620923_tn?1405964489
Blank
selmaS commented on photo
5 hrs ago
1755089_tn?1376057155
Blank