Ear pain and post nasal drip
How many of you have this and what do you do for it? I know we have talked about it on here before, but I am really having an awful time. My right ear constantly hurts and I have constant pnd and I keep getting sick with sinusitis and bronchitis. I can't even sleep at night. I already take zyrtec and rhinocort for allergies on top of all of the other meds I take for pain and reflux. I am seeing an allergist in August and I am going back to my pcp tomorrow for the millionth time. Any advice?

Hi....this was a major problem for me too....my Dr told me to take an antihistamine and I take the drowsey one b4 bed and it helps me sleep if that pill did not help the pmd I take a non drowsey one during the day....I have not had to take the daily one....it is working well for me.
Thanks, Selma. I do take the zyrtec at night, but I guess it is not enough. Last time I was at the doctor he told me to take claritin-D in the morning and zyrtec at night. I really didn't want to try the claritin-D because it is a decongestant and they make me feel crazy and just seem to drain everything into my chest. Maybe I can ask about taking regular claritin in the morning and zyrtec at night. May I ask what you are and were taking? Did you notice any improvement with this issue after your surgery?

Directly Post op, I did not have a PND issue but it did come back....so I take an OTC generic Antihistamine,,.one at night causes drowiness and the daily one does not...I keep both on hand and I have had great success with the one I am taking.

I have not been on claritin D or zyrtec....they can get pricey even with med INS.....

Does anyone know the link between PND and Chiari?  I did not know there was a connection until after having two nasal surgeries (rhinoplasty and turbulence reduction) about a month ago to help relieve some of my nasal symptoms.  The doc said as soon as the stints were removed I would feel a bit better.  Unfortunately, the symptoms are worse and the recovery has been a nightmare.  

Chiari can affect most nething, as it affects the spinal cord which is the highway for all signals from the brain to all the organs and areas of the body.Plus the over crowding that goes on in the skull , Chiari can cause compression of the pituitary gland, the brain stem, so why not the sinuses too? They are all in the same general area....

Also many with Chiari also have reflux , reflux could be the result of PND.....

Since u have Chiari and u seem worse make sure u r also ruling out related conditions like ehlers-danlos as that can affect the out come of surgery of ne kind.