Silly Hospital (Sleep) Question
I'm a single parent and will be sleeping in the room with my 6 yr old son after his decompression/fusion for the 7-8+ minimum nights.  Not a fan of that reclining chair.  How doable is it if I brought a twin sized aerobed, only to be used overnight and stored during the day?  We'll be in a semi private room and I don't want to get in the way of the hospital staff overnight either.

Hi,,,well while he is in ICU the only option is the recliner....once he gets moved to a reg room, there may be enuff room as I was in a semi private room .....u should ask the hospital staff.....they were very accommodating....
I was told that the ICU and the "regular room" are one in the same.  They just remove your status from ICU, giving you a lower level of nursing care, but you don't physically change rooms.  (Other than the OR and Recovery Room day of surgery).   There are only 14 Pediatric semi private NS beds so they just don't have the space.  Even if you're in the ICU, it's semi private which I was really surprised about.   Oh well.  Lots of comfy blankets I guess instead.  

Oh so it is different for children as I was in ICU and then changed to a reg room.....and while in ICU it was far too small for even a toilet it swung out from under the table next to the bed....then just enuff room for a chair on the other side of the bed and to walk around....

Sorry...but now we know.