Vertigo after surgery
Hello chaps

I have had the surgery for CM type II with syrnx.  Ouched just a bit but ok after about 4 weeks.  The problem I am experiencing is that I have gone deaf in my left ear with partical hearing in my right.  This I am told is not the cause of the chronic vertigo that I have been experiencing for the past 18months, but they are currently thinking it is a symptom of the CM II.  Has anyone else had this problem start after surgery?  If so what was done to help you?   Im back to my surgeon at the end of May.  Im praying that he has something up his sleeve that can help me.
Please get in touch if you have any advice all is welcome.

Floss0401 xxx
Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

It is possible to experience symptoms after surgery that u did not have b4...and it is possible to continue to have all the symptoms u had b4 ....but that is bcuz u r still healing...it can take up to 2 yrs to heal.....

Try taking OTC Dramamine ( non drowsy) to help with the vertigo......and get plenty of fluids and rest....rest...rest.....

it sounds like u had ur surgery pretty recently...so try to hang in there and be patient.

I am glad to have u join our little family here, sorry about the reasons u had to seek us out.

"selma"
Hello and welcome

I think you've had surgery fairly recently?

The reason I am asking is b/c about 4 weeks after mine for some reason the vertigo got really, really bad for awhile. I'm not sure why but after a few weeks it settled down again. Part of my theory was that I was doing too much too soon, so when I slowed down a little, it got better. Hopefully, your visit in May will shed some light on what could be triggering it.

Good luck,
Carolyn