Chiari Malformation Community
anger outbursts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

anger outbursts?

I have been diagnosed with ACM 1 with 1mm... I have severe migraines, headaches, stiff neck and neck pain, locked feeling in the spine between shoulders, tingling in my feet and ocassional ringing in my ears. Other than than, I think I am fortunate than many others that I have read about. I do wonder if anyone else has anger outbursts or irritability that is unexplained? I dont know if it is related to Chiari or something else. I would appreciate any replies to this question. Thanks.
Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

I believe that most of this can be attributed to pain.....I did notice when I was still driving that I had some very strange convos with myself...and if neone would have heard them it deff would have sounded like road rage.....

I did get short tempered with my family also......and myself.

I had surgery and have not had ne as of yet,..I am only 3 months post op.....

"selma"
I have an incidental  diagnoses of Syringomyelia after an mri scan for other issues. I have yet to see a NS and have not been dx with CM but have many CM symptoms.
Like Selma says anger can be attributed to pain and the anxiety that go with this illness. Sleep issues can leave us feeling irritable, tinnitus can interfere with sleep quality from my experience with it.  

rod
Before my surgery I did. My problem was that I didn't know that I even had a problem. I had a terrible temper as a child.  Then, I began having outbursts as  an adult as far back as 2004. I wasn't diagnosed until 2011. Unfortunately, this "anger" had hurt people that I care about.  It's really sad and there is nothing I can do about it now, but trust God and pray that those people will understand, forgive me and see the person that I really am. :-(

I am sure those that care about u will understand, especially if they take time to understand what u r dx with and how it is affecting u, then they will also put it all together and forgive and forget : )
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
The_Marine_Corp_Brat My brain and my body are no... Comment
Apr 22