chiari
ok i have a friend who lives in kansas.her daughter has chiari and is needing a good nuerosurgeon she is on the outside of wichita,kansas.please if any of you know any good drs around there please let me know as soon as possible.this lil girl deserves a good dr to help take care of her.thank you all.selma i know there a list if you help me find it again i will look through it also.thanks everyone!!!!!
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Chiari-Malformation/LIST-OF-CHIARI-SPECIALISTS/show/1293483

I did bump up the thread as well....
If your friend is willing to travel there is a great NS at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Ne. His name is Daniel Surdell. I can get contact info for you if your friend decides she wants to take the drive,

Stormy
My doctor in Omaha is Dr. Mark Puccioni and he is awesome as well.  How old is her daughter?  If you want his information I can get it to you also.  Omaha is not that far from Wichita!
I live in Wichita.  There are no chiari specialist near here unfortunately.  There is a great neurologist though, his name is Dr. Shabash Shah.  Thats who my girls see.  As for surgery, the closest actual chiari specialist is in Iowa City, Dr. menezes.  He has been recomended to me by many many parents who see him.  I have chosen to take my yougest to New York to the chiari institute.  They are the best of the best.   I see Dr. Oro in Colorado but he doesnt see kids under 14.  He saved my life twice!  If she needs someone to talk to, I am here.  I understand chiari from parents point of view and as a parent of two kids with chiari and syringomyelia.  Its tough.  Sometimes you just need to vent to someone who knows what your talking about without having to go into big discriptions.  
I live by KC and wen to Aurora Colorado to Dr Oro (if daughter is old enough he doesn't do peds)