Chiari Malformation Community
inversion tables

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

inversion tables

Would it help to use an inversion table?
ABSOLUTLY NOT
why wont an inversion table help? I have a 7mm stricture and cant find a doctor that will even acknowlege that chiaris cause a problem more than a headache and even then say  there isn't much i can do but live with it. I'm in pain everyday,dizziness,heart palpitation,nausea,and many other things. Three spinal taps to relieve pressure(wont do that again).
Hi and welcome to the chiari forum.

U may want to use newer threads to address ur questions and concerns.

However, I will try to answer as best as I can....an inversion table uses gravity to pull things back to where they should be...however, with a herniation and blockage of CSF flow all that does is plug it up on the other side.....imagine a tear drop made of a synthetic material...it has a marble inside....it is hanging below a small hole...if u flip it over the only thing that can happen is the drop filled marble blocks the hole.....possibly more so than if u were upright as gravity is pulling it away from the hole...does this make sense?

The tonsils can be different shapes, widths etc...so just hanging upside down may not help and in fact cause more issues.

This is just MHO.....and from what I have learned from dealing with this condition.

I hope we r able to offer u info and the support u seek.

"selma"