surgery coming on Tues., Feb 19
I am getting scared after seeing posts about the painful recovery. Is it more painful than the pressure headaches? How long before I can be an active mom with my toddler triplets? Right now I'm bed bound because the vertigo and violent coughing causing headaches that lead to passing out.
Dr. Redding in Charlotte, NC will be performing my decompression surgery Tuesday, Febraury 19, 2013.
Try not to worry about the pain after the surgery.  Try to focus on the final out come and being able to do more through out the day with out as many HA"S.  It will take you a while to feel better but it will all be worth it.  Just take one day at a time and try not to lift anything.  Do you have helpers for your little ones after surgery?  Lifting and resting is a biggie in recovery time.  I'll have you in my prayers for Tues.  Everything will work out ok.
Linda :)
Prayin for u and a healthy smooth surgery and recovery. We r all diff but u will need lots of rest, plenty of help with lil ones for quite some time. It is imp no lifting nor stressin. Tho harder said than done. Prayin for u, Hugs,Dana
Hey there. I wish you all the luck with your surgery first off. I had my decompression surgery January 3 and I just started to feel better. Yes recovery is painful but I'd rather be in the pain I was for a couple weeks then those horrific headaches. Just think about how you will feel afterwards and how much it will help. Don't worry about the recovery and make sure ou have one to help you out after the surgery with your kids and other things as you won't feel up to it for a couple weeks atleast. I am still on pain medicine a month and a half later but I'm slowly weening off of it. Now I only have to take it twice a day and I haven't had a headache since my surgery. Update us how your doing after your surgery and I wish you all the luck! Stay strong
I too am having surgery this month. I am a mom of 6 so yeah understand how you feel. I was told to just get plenty of help.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Seems like u got a lot of support from all the other members....if it is ok with u I will post a prayer thread for u.

Keep in mind we r all different in how we react to this surgery...much of it is us as individuals, and the rest is other underlying related conditions to Chiari.

Also being patient post op, not rushing to get back to a "normal life" as that can cause set backs....

I do not think I was in more or less pain post op then most, but since u have children u can relate...once u have ur children do u remember the pain of giving birth...it gets foggy very quickly....I can not say I was in terrible pain...and it was worth it...

Not knowing what all u had as symptoms going in and other issues u may have...recovery should go well....be positive <3

wishing u all the best