3 year old "Humps"
My 3 year old has been "Humping" (masturbating) almost from the time she turned 1. I have talked to a lot of pediatricians to know this is normal, but now that she is 3 she is doing it more often. She wants to go take a nap when it's not even nap time so she can hump. She will hump while watching a movie or t.v.. I'm worried because she is wanting to hump instead of playing with her toys. My 3yr old was in preschool last year but due to finances we are unable to send her back. She is on a schedule that we keep everyday. Our weekends are different but I still keep her bed time the same. I also don't know how to talk to her about what she is doing. When I talk to her about it I use the words humping and letting her know that it's OK but she needs to do it only at nap and night time. Now I don't know.

My little boy is about to turn 3, and he's been "humping" for since he was about 1 year old. When I first noticed it, I thought someone had done something to him at daycare. I went as far as to confront the daycare owner and changed him to another daycare the following day. I started reading on this issue online,and have found that it is actually quite normal. When I find him doing this, I make sure he knows he is not supposed to be doing it. When I catch him doing it in his room, I leave him alone. I think he understands he's not supposed to do it in front of people. I advice you not to worry, just keep talking to her until she understands that it is ok to do do this, just not in front of other people. Good Luck.