Child Behavior Community
Emotional Outburst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Emotional Outburst

My daughter just turned 4 years old, and has started school this year.  
She was doing great last i talked to her teacher and never thought more of it.  She said she adjusted better than most kids. Now I am being told for the last few months she has been having emotional outburst.  Crying over any transition and doesn't want to do anything for herself.
This is something that has never been a problem.  There have been many changes in her life recently. Death of grandparent, illness of 2 grandparents, family moving away and soon to be another baby.  
She is very happy about the baby and has never expressed concern about anyone else but I can't seem to figure out what else it could be.
Her teacher thinks she is crying out for attention and reassurance.  How can I offer this without rewarding bad behaviours.  
She has always been sensitive but never to the point of this many tears and I am just not sure what I can do for her to help her.
If you could offer me some advise I would really appreciate it.  
If she plays Barbie's, try playing Barbie's with her to see how she plays.  Most of the time whatever is bothering children, will come out in play.  After playing awhile, have your doll say "Are you crying, why are you sad?"  She will most likely play into it and you will find out what is really bothering her.  When there is a death in the family, children tend to stuff it and not react in front of adults.  They think about it at nightime when it is quiet or it comes out during the daytime in the most unexpected time (like when they are having a lot of fun and laughing and all of the sudden they start crying).  She needs all your love and support now.