Child Behavior Community
My four year old wont stop lying

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My four year old wont stop lying

My four year old daughter wont stop lying, even if you see her do it she will denie it or put the blame on her 3 yr old sister. I have already done time out, taking away her privilages and grounding her. I have even sat down with her and explained that when she lies it not only hurts her but everyone around her, I have even gone as far as telling her that if she tells the truth she wont get in to as much trouble.
I have ran out of things to do and say to her to get her to stop. Dose anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can get her to stop?
What is she lying about?  Is she spinning tall tales,  or is she denying that she's done something wrong?  

If it's the latter,  it's because it's working for her.  Somehow,  she's benefitting from lying - and you need to take that benefit away somehow.