Child Behavior Community
down syndrome kid who doesnt want to go to school

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My name is Dalal. I have a kid of age 16 years who is down syndrome and he doesnt want to go to school? How to deal with it and what are my rights which i can ask from the district?
The law says that your child must be in school.
   The question is why doesn't he want to be there.  Something could be going on to make him feel this way.  You need to contact his special ed teacher and let the teacher know how he is feeling.  They need to make your child feel more welcome, or at least to make him feel like they are listening to him and want to help him.
   If the school is not following his IEP (which might be causing the problem), then you have huge rights.  By law they must follow that.  So essentially, you need to know what is going on - and so do they (if you want them to help him).