Child Behavior Community
scared 5yrs old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

scared 5yrs old

We had a bully issue at school, and that has been resolved the bully is in a different building.  My child is scared of school now and does not want to go.  She cries and cries about going.  I have made her go anyway the last few days.  There is nothing bothering her now.  She even told me that no one bothered her she is just scared.  Am i doing the right thing to help her get passed this?  I do not want her to run away, the bully kid can not hurt her now.  My daughter is five.
I think you are doing the right thing.  Just keep reinforcing that she needn't be afraid because now the school is watching out for her and will keep her safe.  Tell her this is why they sent the bully away.  Each day should reinforce that she is safe, and with time she will be fine.  You took care of the problem, and I think it's best that your daughter get right back into the swing of things.  Though I know it breaks your heart.