Chance of Infertility?
Hello there,

I have had symptoms of what is probably either Chlamydia or Gonorrhea over the past few months. I had a sole sexual partner since about September this year so I didn't think I would have an issue with STDs. As a result, I thought the symptoms were due to an ovarian cyst. It then dawned on me in the past week that I might have either of these since a test for ovarian cysts showed up as negative.

I got tested very recently and am awaiting results. However, I am very concerned about PID. There's probably a good chance I have it, at least mildly, as my pelvic area has been in pain ever since - that's how I noticed the symptoms in the first place. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me what chances of infertility are. I've had these symptoms going on for probably about 3 months now, and the infection could have started even earlier than that. Would that be enough time to severely damage my reproductive organs? I am also fairly young (under 18) so would that give those organs a better chance at healing?

Please tell me any information about this. I can't find any statistics concerning length of infection to chances of infertility, and I'm really scared that this could make me infertile, especially since it's been left for so long.
Can't find info because there is no info on length. If you test positive talk with your Dr and have an exam done.