Chlamydia Community
How long from sex to test does it take to tell if you have chlamydia or...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

How long from sex to test does it take to tell if you have chlamydia or gonorrhea?

How long does it take for chlamydia and or gonorrhea to show up as a positive on a pap smear test result?  I had unprotected intercourse on May 4th and had a pap smear done to test for both on May 23th and the test results came back negative.  Is that a long enough time frame for if I did have either chlamydia and or gonorrhea to show up in my test results?
Yes that is long enough, only need to wait 5-7 days after.
Thanks! I have been so worried only because my ex and I were together for 3 years and we had a break up from dec-may and we had intercourse the 3rd of may and then I had the pap I just wanted to make sure I didnt have anything and that the time frame was enough to detect it for a positive result if I did