Chlamydia Community
I messed up

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I messed up

I met this guy a month ago and the feeling we have for each other are growing so quickly. Although things are happening quickly I really do see a future with him. But things turned for the worst when I got a call from my doctor that I had an std. and yes we did sleep together. As soon as I heard this news I called him immediately. At first he just hung up the phone on me. Then he became very hostile and started calling me every name in the book. We argued and said things out of anger. he thinks I was unfaithful and irresponsible. But the truth is I never been been unfaithful as soon as I met him I never talked or slept end with anyone. Also I know I should have got tested before this new relationship but I never knew things were going to go so fast. If that was the case I would have. I know any person hearing this news would be MADD but he has to trust me and know this has happened before I met him. I always practice safe sex but omg I never imagined this would happen to me. he has always told me he will be there for me thru anything and now I feel that I would never have that person I truly like and will grow to love. What do u think? Do I deserve a fresh start? And side note we both are treated and cured from the std
Well impossible to know who brought the STD into the relationship. Or maybe it was a fale positive? Did he test positive?
Well he said he got tested before meeting me so likely I gave it to him. but we both got treated but he doesn't know his result just yet. He will know by either today or tomorrow. But he's hardly talking to me at all. He is hurt and I am so depressed.
So he tested again before treatment? If so then you either brought it into this relationship, went outside of the relationship or had a false positive.

Why is he jumping to the conclusion that you cheated?
Yes he did. A hospitals policy is if you say u might be exposed to something you get treated right away even if the results are in yet.
I never did anything with anyone else. I am not that type of person. If I like you to the extent of how I feel for him I would never do something this dishonest. I think he is saying that because that's what everyone thinks first. They must be having sex with someone else! It's probably because its such a new relationship he doesn't know what to believe.
Well I guess he is going to have to trust you
Yea I just hope he does don't want to lose him. Thanks for listening
Well he did not come up positive for anything. He basically told me that he can't trust me and just because I did have an std he can't be with someone who sleeps around.
Well if you can tell him to come to this site and ask me some questions. Because I will tell him it does not mean you had chlamydia and that it probably is a false positive. As him not having it is more of a sign that it was a false positive.

Or you chalk it up to him being immature and if he can't trust what you have told him about not being with others then the relationship would have failed at some point.
well today the craziest thing happened.
He actually called me today after almost 3 weeks of no contact with eachother. He called because he wanted to know the real truth and to apologize for how he reacted and treated me. He says that he still cares for me And its hard to let go of me. He confessed about how he reacted on impulse and emotion and never considered how I was feeling. At the end of the day call me crazy because all of the feelings I had for him came back and we can't deny what we had even though everything happened so quickly.
He wants to meet up with me to talk about us.

So do you think we should rekindle what we had or should I forget about him
Everyone makes mistakes, if you love him or really like him and see a possible future meet up with him listen to him. See what is in his eyes. I think everyone deserves a 2nd chance and maybe even more.