Chlamydia Community
I need answers

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I need answers

I have just been treated for chlamydia. My boyfriend also took the treatment. I have been with him exclusively for 4 months. About 5 months ago there were 2 other men who I had gone on dates with and kissed, no contact with any genitals whatsoever.

My boyfriend was tested and clean of everything right before we started dating. It had been a year and a half since my last testing, and that was all clear.  

We both really want to know where this chlamydia came from. I contacted the last 3 people I was sexually active with, which goes back a little over a year. Two of the 3 have gotten back to me and both tested negative for chlamydia. I'm waiting on the 3rd fellow. I was with him a little over 10 months ago, and the other two more recently than him.

My boyfriend thinks that even if the man I was with over 10 months ago comes back positive it's weird that the other two who I was with after him would come back negative. My only thought on this is that I know I didn't always use a condom with the man whose results we're waiting for and I know I did use condoms with the other two.

I have never had chlamydia before, but my boyfriend has. I had what seemed like a yeast infection about a month ago, and he started to get little bumps on his penis. I took some over the counter medicine for the yeast infection and it seemed to clear up. He went to the doctor and was told to use hydrocortisone cream. His rash cleared up. The next time we had sex (with a condom) his rash returned.

He started showing symptoms of chlamydia shortly after I went in for my testing. So, we had been exclusive for 4 months at the time of my test, and the time in which he started showing symptoms.

From his point of view, this doesn't make sense. He thinks that my yeast infection might have been symptoms of chlamydia, since that seems to be when he started having a variety of issues with his penis. (Though the nurse I talked to said it didn't sound chlamydia related, I've never really had a yeast infection either... so I'm not sure what to think.)

I know I've been faithful, but I don't know how to answer his questions.

I've suggested going to talk to somebody together, but neither of us has health insurance.

So, any answers I can get would be helpful.

How likely is it to contract chlamydia from just kissing?
How likely is it that a man would remain asymptomatic for over 10 months?
Is there any way to make sure the other 2 men are being honest about their test results?
Is it possible that I have had chlamydia for over a year, been asymptomatic and my current boyfriend is the first one to show symptoms?

Any answers I can get would be helpful. This has been a huge strain on our relationship.

- No Chance

- This is possible

- No

- Possible, yes
what were the symptoms he was having? little bumps isn't really a symptom of chlamydia.
He started having itching, frequent, and painful urination, and a slight discharge... all shortly after my test results came back.
I have read that Chlamydia can be transmitted orally. So, if somebody has oral sex with an infected person, and then kisses you, you could potentially get it via kissing. Is this completely false?
i don't think there is any truth to that at all
Kissing is not a risk. And oral chlamydia is rare. If bf just started having symptoms it's either a new infection, within 2 weeks or a very old infection...maybe 6+ months.
He seems to think that the new infection idea is the only one that's logical.

The new infection makes absolutely no sense to me.

I should have gone in for my anual exam about 6 months earlier than I did, so I feel guilty about that, but that is the only irresponsable thing I have done in this situation. I've been completely honest and faithful.

I know he has had it once before. He said the symptoms started 1-3 weeks after he was exposed and he knew exactly where it came from.

That's why it's not making sense to him when I tell him that the last 2 guys I was with have come back with negative results. And his symptoms showed up 4 months after we became exclusive (5 months, if kissing isn't even a factor).

So, now we're waiting on results from someone who I was with over 10 months ago.

Does the fact that my boyfriend has had it once before play into this at all? Would that make him more or less likely to show symptoms? I'm not sure how long ago he had it, but I do know he was tested and clear of everything before we started dating.

We've both finished our treatment, so all of our issues now are a matter of emotional and mental health.
You could have had sex with him for 1 year and he not get it. Just because one person has it, doesn't mean they will transmit it. Also the guys in the past could have taken something to clear it without knowing or the body could have cleared it on it's own. So all might test negative.

Would the fact that he has had it before be a factor in how likely he is to show symptoms?

Are you telling me that I might never find out who gave it to me?

That might be the end of my relationship. The fact that he's questioning my loyalty at all is pretty rough, but it is understandable to have questions.

I just don't know if he'll ever stop wondering if I can't show him how and when I got it.
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers