272?1253650257
Computer User Group
Favorite Operating System
About This Group:

If you have any computer related questions, you may post them in this community. I am going to college to become a Computer Systems Specialist and would love to help anyone out with their technical questions they may have. :) You may also chat about any Computer/Technology related topic here. Anyone may join!!! :)

Founded by Please_Help950 on September 22, 2009
66 members

Favorite Operating System

What is your favorite Operating System?

0%
 (0) 
Windows 2000
33%
 (2) 
Windows XP
33%
 (2) 
Windows Vista
16%
 (1) 
Windows 7
0%
 (0) 
Mac OS
16%
 (1) 
LINUX
0%
 (0) 
UNIX
0%
 (0) 
Other (Please List Below)
6 Members voted
Tags: favorite, computer, computers, Microsoft, unix, linux, mac, Technology
Lol!  I just started tinkering with Win7 so can't really compare that!  I am choosing XP because I am most familar with it.  I have Vista on 2 machines, and am slowly getting better with getting around it, but I think from what I have seen that win7 will be better....still have to see what "bugs" come out!!!!

:-)))
It took me awhile but Windows Vista is my choice.
Ok, so where's the other vote? I am currently using win XP and switching over to Linux Unbuntu - Hardy Heron dist. It's so easy and simple and no viruses or extra **** to deal with like window$. Plus it's free!!!

Bummer about PuppyLove989... Vi$ta has been such a bunch of crapware that M$ is coming out with a brand new OS in win7 instead of doing upgrades for it... ha ha... going backwards actually to the winXP base system and just making it look like vi$ta really... ha ha...

Try Linux... it's free, has free opensource.org programs that include everything you'd ever need like a word, spreedsheet(excel), games etc. It also uses less ram and less space than Window$ programs so your computer runs faster and not as hard either....

Cheers!
:-) I am just going to HAVE to make some time to learn linux!!!  You are selling me on it, 1centwiz :-))))  You are so enthusiastic!!!!!  You go, linux lover ;-))))
here's to hoping the release of windows 7 will be what we were waiting for in Vista.
A reliable OS that is easy to use, but with the ability to customize to meet my day to day needs and beefed up processing power for my most used apps.
If you are waiting on M$ to bring something to the table that will not let you down, the you will be waiting a long time.... Make the switch to Linux or Mac and you'll be better off in the long run. Just my two cents, well 1 cent with inflation....
Swampy has worked with one or more of every operating system that has been released in the past 25 years.

Windows 95 was small, fast, and simple. With the network addition (remember Trumpet Winsock?) it was quite usable. It didn't have good memory protection, so one application could wipe out another (compare that to MacOS 7, which was the contemporary Apple offering).

One of the first programs Swampy wrote was a tape device driver for the PDP/8e. He has also written programs for a Pr1me 650 (this machine was a Honeywell mainframe clone), a Cyber 600 series which was a 60 bit machine designed by Seymour Cray, and the first machine he knew really well, a Data General Eclipse C/330. If you read the book "The Soul of a New Machine" you can read about the design of the Eclipse.

In terms of favorite, Swampy always likes a well implemented system. In the late 1980s, Sony came out with a line of R3000 based computers that was one of the nicest implementations ever. Unfortunately, nobody knew Sony made computers and so nobody ever bought them.

The NeXT machine had interesting hardware, but its software implementation was hopeless.

The best thing to happen to operating systems was open source, because modern hardware is so darned complex, and the software demands so vast, that unless you have a huge company like Microsoft you can't even begin to assemble the developers you need.
Well, I just had Windows 7 Professional installed and I do NOT like it. I am so glad I am able to have the virtual XP with it, that is the one I use the most. Wins 7 is NOT compatible with my Incredimail, and I just don't like it, pure and simple. I have my Incredimail set up on XP and I just do all my stuff from there.
When I upgraded, I got a brand new mother board, 64 bit processor, 6 gigs of memory, you name it, I really upgraded, my video card sees 3-D now, however, even with all this, I wish I had stayed with XP.
So far so good with Windows 7
I've used all but linux and being a wannabe programmer (im learning C++, actionscrip, and html) I kinda want to give it a try but i like XP the best good and simple not a bunch of pull down and random annoying HP crap on it.  
im currently using LAST XP sp2
linux is the answer to all computer hassles (pretty well anyway! :-)  When I go to repair someones computer who doesn't have their original install windows disk, I install Ubuntu, and they love it - every time!  don't need finniky activation codes, $$$, or virus protection, just use and enjoy!  (Of course, I have saved all their info and documents and pics with the Ubuntu Live install CD, so I am not careless - I also am a LOT more experienced than it sounds like here!) :-)
My favorite is linux ubuntu.
Becca323 Ultrasound and mammogram on... Comment
Aug 12
zodiacqueen commented on opus88's status
Jul 22
test
Jul 22 by SFmonsterdark