Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
J Pouch & Chrons
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

J Pouch & Chrons

Hi
I have Crohns and had an ileostomy 4 1/2 years ago and can manage it well but I'm really fed up it and have read that Crohns patients can now have J pouch surgery.
Is this true and has anyone with Crohns had a successful op ?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
I beleive there is a debate on whether this is wise or not.  I think you would have to find a doctor who is on your side to get this done.  I have seen a number of Crohn's patients on the different J-Pouch groups but most were cases of uncertain colitis which became Crohn's.
Blank
Thanks for the info Trudi. unfortunately this is what I thought.
I'm just really fed up with the stoma now and want to be "normal-ish" again.
Are there any other alternatives to a stoma for a chrons patient ?, I'm not holding my breath !
Blank
Just been to my doctor and he is now almost certain that I HAD UC and not crohns as  I have not had any flare ups since my op 4 1/2 years ago and my small bowl  at the ileum was borderline inflamed at that time......can't beleive he suggested the j pouch just as I was about to ask him about it !!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank