J Pouch & Chrons
I have Crohns and had an ileostomy 4 1/2 years ago and can manage it well but I'm really fed up it and have read that Crohns patients can now have J pouch surgery.
Is this true and has anyone with Crohns had a successful op ?
I beleive there is a debate on whether this is wise or not.  I think you would have to find a doctor who is on your side to get this done.  I have seen a number of Crohn's patients on the different J-Pouch groups but most were cases of uncertain colitis which became Crohn's.
Thanks for the info Trudi. unfortunately this is what I thought.
I'm just really fed up with the stoma now and want to be "normal-ish" again.
Are there any other alternatives to a stoma for a chrons patient ?, I'm not holding my breath !
Just been to my doctor and he is now almost certain that I HAD UC and not crohns as  I have not had any flare ups since my op 4 1/2 years ago and my small bowl  at the ileum was borderline inflamed at that time......can't beleive he suggested the j pouch just as I was about to ask him about it !!!